|In his defense, he did not know I was making a wreath...but I haven't eaten lima beans since I was forced to by a very mean and cruel pre-school teacher when I was 4.|
So I finally got the right lima beans & gathered the rest of my supplies: glue gun, hot glue sticks, wreath form, and paint.
I began by carefully selecting my pattern, opting to position the beans horizontally instead of vertically.
So began the process of gluing down the beans. It went pretty quick and I only managed to completely remove my fingerprints from 2 fingers. (who am I kidding...I am now officially un-identifiable) Once I glued down a few front rows I moved to the inner part of the wreath.
And then to the outer edge...
Then after watching Breakfast at Tiffany's for the 58,000th time...I was all finished. I loved the wreath in this form...despite the to' up look of the beans. Notice how I said "loved." Past tense. It had everything I was after. Tetxture (I couldn't stop touching it), simplicity, and elegance. Well, almost elegance. It sort of looked like a tire and still needed to be painted.
|Lima bean tire|
1. The spray paint nozzle was busted and
entirely covered dripped pistachio green paint all over my hand. But I took one for the team and painted anyway. Stupid decision.
2. When I bought the spray paint I didn't think about the fact that I was painting...Styrofoam. Styrofoam that snaps, crackles, and pops its way to to a gross, nasty blob when spray painted - unless you're cool enough to remember to buy Styrofoam-friendly spray paint to begin with, which I was not.
And I'm now back here...
I'm stepping back and moving on to anther project for a few days. Next week I'll show you the real finished lima bean wreath! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo -s