So my daughter has 6 more school days left until summer vacation....thank God. I am so ready for this summer to kick off I can hardly stand it. But this year will be different than others. This year I will make a plan. And stick to it. Maybe. Our summers usually consist of an EXTREMELY unorganized stretch of days. Weeks. Months. Of being lazy by the pool. Well, not so lazy considering my son is 4. And can't yet swim....MUCH to my dismay. But this year I want to do more. Yes, there will still be plenty of pool days...I'm a Pisces. Can't help it...my love for being in / on / near water comes second only to my love for my family. But this year I want to do more. I want to create memories. I want projects galore. So here's my Summer 2011 To Do List:
1. Go to the pool (sorry...can't stay away from that one)
2. Finish the unfinished. I need closure. Unpainted wall trim: this means you.
3. Play 500 Rummy & Canasta with my parents. At the beach.
4. Make a tufted headboard for my daughter's bed
5. Refinish my old rocking chair
6. Spend a whole day on a boat at the lake w/ the Fam. Water skiing.
7. Ride waves. And not become paralyzed by my fear of being eaten by a shark. This never happened to me as a kid...but I'm afraid by this point in my life I may have used up all my luck.
8. Document on camera: stories from my grandmother, my mom making a coconut cake the way her grandmother used to do it, my daughter singing, my son's -isms, my dad
9. Take my son on a hike he'll love....even though I'm terrified of the woods. And of being attacked by wild animals
10. Go to the pool (yes...I know)
And, voila! I've suddenly got some new blog topics! xoxo -s